RCVI(Resource Center for the Visually Impaired) » RCVI Home


Welcome to TN RCVI!


We are excited to announce that we have a new director, Mr. Allen Huang! Mr. Huang is joining the RCVI after several years working with both TSB’s Outreach Department and on campus as an assistive technology coordinator. 


Dr. Kathy Segers retired this summer after transforming the RCVI and truly bringing it into the 21st century.  We wish her best in her retirement but are also glad that she’ll be staying on part time for the 2021-2022 school year!


What is RCVI?

The Tennessee Resource Center for the Visually Impaired (RCVI) exists to ensure that all students who are blind or visually impaired in the state of Tennessee have access to accessible instructional materials, as well as materials available from the American Printing House for the Blind (APH). 


For example, RCVI can facilitate the production of textbooks and ancillary materials in large print and braille formats, and items like video magnifiers and specialized tactile graphics kits for teaching Earth and life science are available for ordering from APH.

Getting Started

The RCVI serves all students in Tennessee who are blind or have a visual impairment. However, not all students with a visual impairment qualify for every one of the RCVI’s services. Please visit the About RCVI section of our website to learn more about our specific eligibility requirements HERE.
Head to the RCVI’s online ordering website HERE, or select Ordering from the toolbar on the right side of the screen.
If you have a student who transferred from out of state or is seeking RCVI services for the first time, please complete the Application for Service with RCVI form found HERE or in the Forms section of our website and send it to Deanna Rivera at Deanna.Rivera@tsbtigers.org.
If you have a student who transferred to you WITHIN Tennessee, please email or call Deanna Rivera (Deanna.Rivera@tsbtigers.org; 615-231-7340) with this information, and we will make this change in our system for you.
If you wish to make changes regarding who can place orders from RCVI, or who your district’s APH Federal Quota designee is, please complete the APH and Ordering Designee form found HERE or in the Forms section of our website and send it to Allen Huang at Allen.Huang@tsbtigers.org.

RCVI Updates Video - Ordering Tips and New Initiatives